BCRR Ongoing Training/Fun Runs
Running with us for the first time? We recommend attending one of our three weekly group runs (at Rice University and Memorial Park). We have something for ALL fitness levels.
On Monday evenings at 7:00 PM we meet at the softball fields parking lot where Memorial Lane meets Picnic Lane (29.765, -95.441). Afterwards, we hold a meet-and-greet at a local pub or restaurant.
On Sunday mornings at 6:30 AM we meet at the zero mile marker (by the concrete tree stump) in front of the Memorial Park Tennis Center (1500 W Memorial Loop Dr).
On Wednesday evenings at 6:40 PM we meet in the parking lot behind First Christian School/Church at Rice Blvd and Cherokee Street. Afterwards, we socialize at the Valhalla Pub.
OUR WEEKLY "ORGANIZED" RUNS:
- Mellow Monday - Join us every Monday for a 3 mile recovery run around Memorial Park at 7:00 P.M. Runners who are interested should park on the east side of the parking lot in front of the softball fields off of the Picnic Loop. (See map above.) The goal is to increase membership and recruit new members with this casual social event. Following a loop around Memorial, we head to a dinner venue for post running fun. **Please note that in cases of inclement weather (i.e. thunder & lightning) our Mellow Monday run will be cancelled for safety reasons. Beginners and folks new to fitness are highly welcome!
- Wednesday at Rice University: Every Wednesday evening at 6:40 PM at Rice University we run the neighborhood, and then socialize. All levels are welcome. And the best part is the $1 BEERS at Valhalla afterwards. Parking is available at First Christian Church/School (1628 Rice Boulevard SEE MAP). FIRST WEDNESDAY of each month is "Alumni Night" at Valhalla. If you have not visited lately, this is YOUR night! Come reconnect with the "old" gang.
First Christian Church /School parking lot guidelines:
-->Polite runners do NOT park in this parking lot before 6:30 PM. We know you have good manners, so thank you for honoring this rule.
-->To park in the church parking lot, you need a BCRR bumper sticker. Please see Lisa Thompson for a sticker if you do not already have one.
-->They request that we park in the front lot (off of Rice) as they use the back lot more.
-->There will be times when they have activities on Wednesday nights, and we will have to park elsewhere. We will send out an email when these days will be blocked out as soon as we know the dates.
- Friday Speedwork (Memorial Park 5:30 AM): Contact Peter Griffiths for more information - email@example.com
- Sunday Long Run (Memorial Park, 6:30 AM): Meet us at the O mile marker (by the concrete tree stump) for a 10, 11, or 12 mile route around Memorial Park and through River Oaks. (Course map). Immediately following the run, join us Whole Foods for coffee and conversation. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post-run visiting at Whole Foods Montrose every Sunday morning after the long run.
Meeting at Whole Foods - Montrose
701 Waugh Dr
(Waugh at W Dallas St)